    aware, it strips the header information and just gives you the data of
    the packet. If not, would something else do it like WinPCap or
    something else?

    Philliam Auriemma, May 1, 2010

  2. Philliam Auriemma

    Ian Collins Guest

    On 05/ 1/10 01:36 PM, Philliam Auriemma wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I am programming an application which will send and receive UDP
    > packets, however for the received packets I need to be able to read
    > the header information. Is this possible in Winsock? As far as I am
    > aware, it strips the header information and just gives you the data of
    > the packet. If not, would something else do it like WinPCap or
    > something else?

    You'll have to ask on a platform specific group, this is out of scope
    for the C++ language. Or google for raw sockets.

    --
    Ian Collins

    Ian Collins, May 1, 2010

  3. Philliam Auriemma

    Haider Guest

    On May 1, 6:36 am, Philliam Auriemma <> wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I am programming an application which will send and receive UDP
    > packets, however for the received packets I need to be able to read
    > the header information. Is this possible in Winsock? As far as I am
    > aware, it strips the header information and just gives you the data of
    > the packet. If not, would something else do it like WinPCap or
    > something else?

    This is out of scope of C++. consult Steven's on unix socket for more
    theoretical information have a look at TCP/IP by Komer.

    Haider, May 1, 2010
  4. Haider <> writes:

    > On May 1, 6:36 am, Philliam Auriemma <> wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >> I am programming an application which will send and receive UDP
    >> packets, however for the received packets I need to be able to read
    >> the header information. Is this possible in Winsock? As far as I am
    >> aware, it strips the header information and just gives you the data of
    >> the packet. If not, would something else do it like WinPCap or
    >> something else?

    > This is out of scope of C++.

    To be a little pedantic, just in case any reader gets the wrong idea,
    it's not "out of scope of C++," but rather "off topic in comp.lang.c++."

    Regards

    Paul Bibbings

    Paul Bibbings, May 1, 2010