Getting started with Doxygen?

fdm

I have 10-15 free template functions in some library code that I would like
to create some doxygen documentation for. I am using windows vista and
visual studio 2008.

Are there any programs where I can just specify a header/source file and get
the generated doxygen documentation?

Victor Bazarov

fdm said:
[..]
> Are there any programs where I can just specify a header/source file and
get the generated doxygen documentation?

Please consider asking there. Here tools are generally off-topic.

AnonMail2005

I have 10-15 free template functions in some library code that I would like
to create some doxygen documentation for. I am using windows vista and
visual studio 2008.

Are there any programs where I can just specify a header/source file and get
the generated doxygen documentation?

There's a doxygen GUI frontend for windows you can download from the
doxygen site. Whether you use the GUI or a config file you specify
where your source code resides.

Keep in mind that in order for doxygen to extract text from your code
comments, you need to write the comments using specific tags.

Also, it may take you a while to learn how to use doxygen. For
instance, it took me a while to learn how to get it to generate
include diagrams.

HTH

Also, you will have to

Jorgen Grahn

Keep in mind that in order for doxygen to extract text from your code
comments, you need to write the comments using specific tags.

Well, it's enough to add an extra *

/**
* Like this.
*/

IMHO, markup like @return and @param (or whatever they are called)
makes your documentation look nicer, but be less useful as
documentation.
Also, it may take you a while to learn how to use doxygen. For
instance, it took me a while to learn how to get it to generate
include diagrams.

True, in the sense that it has a lot of cool features which are disabled
by default, and/or if you fail to configure it to find the graphviz
tools.

/Jorgen