    visual studio 2008.

    Are there any programs where I can just specify a header/source file and get
    the generated doxygen documentation?
    fdm, Sep 23, 2009

  2. fdm wrote:
    > [..]
    > Are there any programs where I can just specify a header/source file and
    > get the generated doxygen documentation?

    Please consider asking there. Here tools are generally off-topic.

    Victor Bazarov, Sep 23, 2009

  3. fdm

    Guest

    On Sep 23, 4:29 pm, "fdm" <> wrote:
    > I have 10-15 free template functions in some library code that I would like
    > to create some doxygen documentation for. I am using windows vista and
    > visual studio 2008.
    >
    > Are there any programs where I can just specify a header/source file and get
    > the generated doxygen documentation?

    There's a doxygen GUI frontend for windows you can download from the
    doxygen site. Whether you use the GUI or a config file you specify
    where your source code resides.

    Keep in mind that in order for doxygen to extract text from your code
    comments, you need to write the comments using specific tags.

    Also, it may take you a while to learn how to use doxygen. For
    instance, it took me a while to learn how to get it to generate
    include diagrams.

    HTH

    Also, you will have to
    , Sep 23, 2009
  4. fdm

    Jorgen Grahn Guest

    On Wed, 23 Sep 2009 13:42:42 -0700 (PDT),
    <> wrote:
    > On Sep 23, 4:29 pm, "fdm" <> wrote:
    >> I have 10-15 free template functions in some library code that I would like
    >> to create some doxygen documentation for. I am using windows vista and
    >> visual studio 2008.
    >>
    >> Are there any programs where I can just specify a header/source file and get
    >> the generated doxygen documentation?

    > Keep in mind that in order for doxygen to extract text from your code
    > comments, you need to write the comments using specific tags.

    Well, it's enough to add an extra *

    /**
    * Like this.
    */

    IMHO, markup like @return and @param (or whatever they are called)
    makes your documentation look nicer, but be less useful as
    documentation.

    > Also, it may take you a while to learn how to use doxygen. For
    > instance, it took me a while to learn how to get it to generate
    > include diagrams.

    True, in the sense that it has a lot of cool features which are disabled
    by default, and/or if you fail to configure it to find the graphviz
    tools.

    /Jorgen

    --
    // Jorgen Grahn <grahn@ Oo o. . .