getting the user login name

aspUSER2

hi..

I have an intranet link with me.. Where when I click to that site at the
top right corner I see something written as "DSO GUEST"… the words must
be hard coded at the back. And then there is a button below it. Which
says "LOGIN". When I click to login I get the user name of the machine
say.. "ALEX PUA". Now I didn’t give any userid password..or any other
authentication!!! I think what it did was thru some default system
variable it picked up my name from the machine configuration.

I exactly want to implement this kind of a thing on my current
requirement. I want that once the user clicks to login he gets his name
there! How do I get it? I am trying to search on net but I don’t even
know what is this type of authentication or what word to type to get
some information on how to implement this. Can anyone suggest anything
on this? I will get some lead and can proceed.
thanks a lot

Bob Barrows [MVP]

aspUSER2 said:
[...]

Look for ServerVariables