getting the user login name

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by aspUSER2, Nov 5, 2004.

  1. aspUSER2

    aspUSER2 Guest

    hi..

    I have an intranet link with me.. Where when I click to that site at the
    top right corner I see something written as "DSO GUEST"… the words must
    be hard coded at the back. And then there is a button below it. Which
    says "LOGIN". When I click to login I get the user name of the machine
    say.. "ALEX PUA". Now I didn’t give any userid password..or any other
    authentication!!! I think what it did was thru some default system
    variable it picked up my name from the machine configuration.

    I exactly want to implement this kind of a thing on my current
    requirement. I want that once the user clicks to login he gets his name
    there! How do I get it? I am trying to search on net but I don’t even
    know what is this type of authentication or what word to type to get
    some information on how to implement this. Can anyone suggest anything
    on this? I will get some lead and can proceed.
    thanks a lot

    aspUSER2, Nov 5, 2004

  2. aspUSER2 wrote:
    > hi..
    >
    > I have an intranet link with me.. Where when I click to that site at
    > the top right corner I see something written as "DSO GUEST". the
    > words must be hard coded at the back. And then there is a button
    > below it. Which says "LOGIN". When I click to login I get the user
    > name of the machine say.. "ALEX PUA". Now I didn't give any userid
    > password..or any other authentication!!! I think what it did was thru
    > some default system variable it picked up my name from the machine
    > configuration.
    >
    > I exactly want to implement this kind of a thing on my current
    > requirement. I want that once the user clicks to login he gets his
    > name there! How do I get it? I am trying to search on net but I don't
    > even know what is this type of authentication or what word to type to
    > get some information on how to implement this. Can anyone suggest
    > anything on this? I will get some lead and can proceed.
    > thanks a lot

    Look for ServerVariables

    Bob Barrows
    --