    Is there a way to extract the original type from that node?

    Thanks,

    Steve

    Steven Green, Dec 29, 2007

  2. Steven Green

    keshlam Guest

    On Dec 29, 6:42 am, Steven Green <> wrote:
    > Is there a way to extract the original type from that node?

    I don't know if Xerces-C supports the DOM Level 3 features which
    provide some support for retrieving schema information from a
    document. If not, you may be able to do this by using some operation
    specific to Xerces-C. I'd suggest asking on Apache's own Xerces-C
    mailing list, since that's where you'll find the greatest
    concentration of expertise about this parser.

    Alternatively, of course, you could retrieve the schema itself as an
    XML document and write code to chase through it to find the
    declaration for that element...

    keshlam, Dec 30, 2007