Getting Third Party Component Suppliers to support NUnit and NUnitASP to support test driven develop

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Nick Zdunic, Nov 5, 2003.

  1. Nick Zdunic

    Nick Zdunic Guest

    Hi,

    I've been using NUnitASP and found that it reaches it's limits very quickly.
    It has problems with parsing certain pages and raises errors for these when
    perhaps it shouldn't. Another downside is that it only supports the out of
    the box Microsoft controls.

    The people who are producing NUnitASP haven't been able to create another
    release for almost a year now. I was thinking how an impetus good be given
    to them to improve it and keep working on it.

    One such way would be to encourage makers of ASP.NET Web Controls to supply
    tester objects to be used with NUnitASP. For example I have been using
    ComponentOne's Suite and found it to be quite good. However I'd like to
    unit test the web pages with NUnitASP. I have asked ComponentOne to supply
    tester objects to be used with NUnitASP. IF third party suppliers supply
    support for unit testing then I think this will help generate the support
    needed to improve NUnitASP. Perhaps if it where funded to be maintained
    then we can get a better product and more reliability in testing of web
    pages.

    Interested to also hear about any other thoughts on this. Does anyone else
    to something different with testing web pages. We can ceratinly unit test
    our classes but I'd like to get the web page unit tested.

    Regards,

    Nick

    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    O Nick Zdunic BSc (Hons)
    O Systems Analyst
    O Strategic Systems (WA) Pty Ltd
    O mobile: +61 [0]4 126 480 88
    O work: +61 [0]8 9457 3664
    O fax: +61 [0]8 9457 3665
    O email:
    O URL: http://www.ss.com.au
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    O EP methodology - Innovative techniques that work...
    O Time Master - Essential time management made easy...
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

    Nick Zdunic, Nov 5, 2003