Glassfish invoke method during application startup

news.internetia.pl

Hi,

I need to invoke some moethod but only when ejb.jar is deployed or
Glassfish server is restarted etc.
Thsi method cannot be invoked by remote client etc.
Are there any mechanism to create this kind of class etc .?

Thanks

derek

Hi,
I need to invoke some moethod but only when ejb.jar is deployed or
Glassfish server is restarted etc.
Thsi method cannot be invoked by remote client etc.
Are there any mechanism to create this kind of class etc .?
Thanks

You could maybe use this http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/2.3/javadoc/javax/servlet/ServletContextListener.html
It gets called when your context is created or destroyed. If you are not using any jsp or servlets though it will not be of use to you.

THIS IS MY SIGNATURE. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

tricky

Unfortunetly i don't use jsp or servlet only remote client which connect to
ejb via jndi :( - infact i need to invoke this method in some interval
someting like cron
i've read about TimedObject but it also requires to call some method from
ejb