global access to request vars?

sid derra

Hi

A co-student and I have been working on a project, where we embed a wiki
system (xWiki) into
an existing portal/platform for students. Unfortunately, we don't have any
teachers, who are all that savvy with the technology part either, so we
pretty much need to rely on literature and 3rd party infos.

Right now we have ran into a little problem, where we need to access the
request parameters of one application from within another one. Is this
possible? Is there some kind of "global" setting we could apply to the
request object?

Thanks a bunch for any feedback!
rock on. sid

hiwa

sid said:
Hi

A co-student and I have been working on a project, where we embed a wiki
system (xWiki) into
an existing portal/platform for students. Unfortunately, we don't have any
teachers, who are all that savvy with the technology part either, so we
pretty much need to rely on literature and 3rd party infos.

Right now we have ran into a little problem, where we need to access the
request parameters of one application from within another one. Is this
possible? Is there some kind of "global" setting we could apply to the
request object?

Thanks a bunch for any feedback!
rock on. sid
I think each request belongs to each client so it is inherently local.
You could do, however, calling some global function from within request
processor, e.g. Java servlet, with the request as its argument.

Paul Hamaker

Maybe this helps :
<%@ taglib
uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core"
prefix = "c"
%>
<c:set var="globalvar" value="Albert" scope="application" />
or
<jsp:useBean id="bn" class="beens.Fone" scope="application" />

<jsp:setProperty
name="bn" property="phone"
value="${param.ph}" />