global.asax and pre-compilation

gemel

I had a fully functioning application until a couple of weeks ago when
my ISP ugraded their system. Now when I access the application I get
the standard remote error page. Changing the <cutomErrors> to "Off"
doesn't help because the application behaves as if it doesn't even get
as far as reading the web.config.

My ISP is not much help here so I tried some investigation. I
eventually discovered that if the global.asax file is removed then the
problem causing the page error disappeard. Unfortunately I have a lot
a application scope code in this file.

The thing is, I thought that the contents of this file would have been
pre-compled into the DLL and that no coding in the global.asax would
be accessed when the application was called.

Can anybody shed any light on how I might check this out (the
application works perfectly well on the loca machine)

John

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\) [MVP]

From what you are saying, the upgrade affected the global.asax code.

What kind of upgrade?
1.0 to 1.1? If so, you need to examine you code for breakage.
To Windows Server 2003? Most likely security policy that your code now
breaks.

Without understanding your code or the nature of the ISP change, I can only
shoot around in the dark. Knowing the Framework version for your code also
helps.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA