global interpreter lock

Tommy.Ryding

I just need confirmation that I think right.

Is the files thread_xxx.h (xxx = nt, os2 or whatever) responsible for
the
global interpreter lock in a multithreaded environment?

I'm currently writing my own thread_VW for VxWorks, thats why I'm
asking.

//Tommy

Jeremy Jones

I just need confirmation that I think right.

Is the files thread_xxx.h (xxx = nt, os2 or whatever) responsible for
the
global interpreter lock in a multithreaded environment?

I'm currently writing my own thread_VW for VxWorks, thats why I'm
asking.

//Tommy
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but the lock actually lives in
ceval.c, around here:

802 PyThread_release_lock(interpreter_lock);
803
804 /* Other threads may run now */
805
806 PyThread_acquire_lock(interpreter_lock, 1);

This was taken from what appears to be a 2.4.1 release rather than a CVS
checkout. It looks like the PyThread_type_lock is defined in the
thread_xxx.h files, though.

HTH,

- jmj

Tommy.Ryding

Thanks,
PyThread_release_lock() is implemented in all thread_xxx.h files.

So I thought right but specified my question like a stupid ;)

//T