Joe Kovac

Hi!

I have one page with a GridView. Their I can select one item and edit
this item on an own page within a DetailsView. After updating the entry
I want the user to be able to get back to the same position of the
GridView as before.
E.g.: The user selected an item on the 3rd of 5 GridView pages. He edits
the item and now he shall come back to the updated page 3. How do I
achieve this the easies way?

Regards,

Joe

Masudur

Hi!

I have one page with a GridView. Their I can select one item and edit
this item on an own page within a DetailsView. After updating the entry
I want the user to be able to get back to the same position of the
GridView as before.
E.g.: The user selected an item on the 3rd of 5 GridView pages. He edits
the item and now he shall come back to the updated page 3. How do I
achieve this the easies way?

Regards,

Joe

hi....

before moving to detail view save your gridview's page index... in
session or viewstate
when update finished in detailview... rebind the gridview and set your
saved page index... to the grid view...

Thanks
Md. Masudur Rahman (Munna)
Kaz Software Ltd.
www.kaz.com.bd
http://munnacs.110mb.com

Joe Kovac

Masudur said:
hi....

before moving to detail view save your gridview's page index... in
session or viewstate
when update finished in detailview... rebind the gridview and set your
saved page index... to the grid view...

Thanks
Md. Masudur Rahman (Munna)
Kaz Software Ltd.
www.kaz.com.bd
http://munnacs.110mb.com

Thanks for the hint.
I guess the Session state might do it. The ViewState would be lost after
redirecting to the DetailsView.
But maybe there is a more automatically way?
Regards,
Joe

Joe Kovac

Joe said:
Hi!

I have one page with a GridView. Their I can select one item and edit
this item on an own page within a DetailsView. After updating the entry
I want the user to be able to get back to the same position of the
GridView as before.
E.g.: The user selected an item on the 3rd of 5 GridView pages. He edits
the item and now he shall come back to the updated page 3. How do I
achieve this the easies way?

Regards,

Joe

I forgot that there are much more things which I would like to remember,
like the positions (selected values) of DropDownLists, text within
Textboxes, etc.

Is there a standard way to remember this when coming back to the source
page?

Joe

Masudur

I forgot that there are much more things which I would like to remember,
like the positions (selected values) of DropDownLists, text within
Textboxes, etc.

Is there a standard way to remember this when coming back to the source
page?

Joe

Sorry could not get the actual picture... if your grid view row have
dropdown list and textbox or... the page where grid view resides have
the controls...?

Thanks

Joe Kovac

Masudur said:
Sorry could not get the actual picture... if your grid view row have
dropdown list and textbox or... the page where grid view resides have
the controls...?

Thanks

The page with the grid view has additional controls which function as
filters and influence the grid view. Maybe I can use something like
cross page posting. But I never worked with this feature.

Thanks

Joe

Masudur

The page with the grid view has additional controls which function as
filters and influence the grid view. Maybe I can use something like
cross page posting. But I never worked with this feature.

Thanks

Joe

Hi joe...

in one of our project we did a similer thing...
but in our case we did used a searchtemplate... searchtemplate
basically a object structure where all the necessary objects are
saved..
from ui we constract the searchtemplate onject depending on user input
and then we pass the templatein businesslayer... businesslayer takeout
the necessary stuff and perfrom search operation and return the
resutl...
after the result got page... the searchtemplate is saved in session
for future use... if we navigate way from the page and come back to
the page in same session any time.. we check in pageload that if
existing searchtemplate is already in session or not... if exists
rebind the grid with search result... untill the user change the ui
search criteria and submit we dont change the search criteria...

one more thing... if you dont have to go to another page.. may be you
can use multiview of asp.net 2.0 in that case page will automatically
every thing in viewstate...

Thanks
Md. Masudur Rahman (Munna)
Kaz Software Ltd.
www.kaz.com.bd
http://munnacs.110mb.com

Joe Kovac

Masudur said:
[...]

Hi Masudur,

I think you found a good solution for your tasks. As I do have many
pages with a similar construction, I do not want to change to much
(meaning multi view is not really wanted).
Saving the separate states of each control might work. Even nicer would
be if I could get the states from the previous page somehow without
saving them.

Regards, and thanks

Joe