GOF

Dejan Lazic

Hi

Does anyone have the book "Design Pattern" from Gamma, Helm, Johnson and
Vlissides
in electronic form and is willing to send me?

Thanks

(e-mail address removed)

John C. Bollinger

Dejan said:
Does anyone have the book "Design Pattern" from Gamma, Helm, Johnson and
Vlissides
in electronic form and is willing to send me?

That would be a rather overt copyright violation where I come from. Why
would you think it reasonable that you receive the work of Gamma et al
(and their publisher) without compensating them for it?

John Bollinger
(e-mail address removed)

Liz

Pay me and i will google for it.

John C. Bollinger said:
That would be a rather overt copyright violation where I come from. Why
would you think it reasonable that you receive the work of Gamma et al
(and their publisher) without compensating them for it?

John Bollinger
(e-mail address removed)

thufir.hawat

Hi

Does anyone have the book "Design Pattern" from Gamma, Helm, Johnson and
Vlissides
in electronic form and is willing to send me?

Thanks

(e-mail address removed)

a strange request...anyhow. have you tried a local library? mine has
multiple copies of the real thing. for an "electronic form" my library
has links to <http://www.books24x7.com> which lets them give patrons (me)
access to all sortsa books without having buy the actual book.

Thufir Hawat
<http://www.shaw.ca/members/hawat/source/>

Liz

a strange request...anyhow. have you tried a local library? mine has
multiple copies of the real thing. for an "electronic form" my library
has links to <http://www.books24x7.com> which lets them give patrons (me)
access to all sortsa books without having buy the actual book.

I tried that URL and they want me to enter your name and password, so what
is it.

Roedy Green

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/designpatterns.html

Follow the links to the various bookstores. You can get a used copy
more cheaply. You might also try ebay. It is the sort of book one
might buy then discover it is over your head.

It is quite an academic tome, aimed at C++.

Happily there are now more accessible books that cover the same
material.

Bryce

Hi

Does anyone have the book "Design Pattern" from Gamma, Helm, Johnson and
Vlissides
in electronic form and is willing to send me?

Thanks

(e-mail address removed)

check out http://safari.oreilly.com/

For a small fee, you get online access to a ton of books. I have a
membership, and I just checked and they do have the GOF book.

thufir.hawat

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004, Liz wrote:
[..]
I tried that URL and they want me to enter your name and password, so what
is it.
[..]

I don't have a password to share, sorrry. the books are only accesible
from the library's computers. I only intended the link as a general
idea, I'm sure you could set up an account, though. Personally I prefer
an out of date book to up-to-date info on the web, unless I can print it
cheaply.

Thufir Hawat
<http://www.shaw.ca/members/hawat/source/>

Bryce

Personally I prefer
an out of date book to up-to-date info on the web, unless I can print it
cheaply.

Really? Not me. I hate out of date books, especially in our field. And
as far as I know, you can print out whatever you want from the web...