    Kyle Stevens Guest

    Does anyone know of and good, and free, C++ compiler programs and
    where I might download them?
    Kyle Stevens, Nov 15, 2003

  2. Klaus Eichner, Nov 15, 2003

  3. Kyle Stevens

    Jon Bell Guest

    In article <>,
    Kyle Stevens <> wrote:
    >Does anyone know of and good, and free, C++ compiler programs and
    >where I might download them?

    What do you want to run it on?

    --
    Jon Bell <> Presbyterian College
    Jon Bell, Nov 15, 2003
  4. Kyle Stevens

    Yeoh HS Guest

    Yeoh HS, Nov 17, 2003
  5. (Kyle Stevens) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Does anyone know of and good, and free, C++ compiler programs and
    > where I might download them?

    I would recommend that you have a look at the GCC compiler. You will
    find it at gcc.gnu.org. It pretty much runs on every single platform
    you can think off and as per your requirement, its free. Look at
    http://gcc.gnu.org/install/specific.html to see if your platform of
    choice is there.

    Eric
    Eric Damphousse, Nov 17, 2003
  6. Kyle Stevens

    Alex Guest

    "Kyle Stevens" <> wrote:
    :...
    > Does anyone know of and good, and free, C++ compiler programs and
    > where I might download them?

    If you are coding on Windows platform, you might want to check out Borland
    C++5.5 at http:\\www.borland.com?

    Good Luck!
    Alex
    2003/11/25
    Alex, Nov 25, 2003
  7. Kyle Stevens

    Alex Guest

    :...

    Alex, Nov 25, 2003
  8. Kyle Stevens

    Jeff Guest

    > Does anyone know of and good, and free, C++ compiler programs and
    > where I might download them?

    http://www.gnu.org/directory/GNU/gpp.html

    It's pretty good and its _very_ widely used. On the rare occasions when
    I have issues with it, I can usually find somebody else who has had the
    same issue and solved it. The documentation is pretty good, too.

    In general, the best free compilers and other development utilities are
    developed on Linux these days. If you're planning to do a lot of
    development, it's probably worth running Linux. Oh, and almost all
    distributions of linux come with recent versions of GCC (the Gnu
    compiler collection) pre-installed, along with a bunch of other good
    stuff (debuggers, etc.).
    Jeff, Nov 29, 2003