    Thank you.
    TRS
    , Dec 20, 2006

  2. wrote:

    > Is anyone aware of any good sources for C programming projects ? I'm
    > specifically looking at areas such as algorithms or distributed
    > databases/file systems.

    "The C Programming Language" (by the esteemed K&R) has many small
    projects that will exercise your algorithm muscle. If you're anything
    more than the most casual of C dabblers you will want that book
    anyway. If you're already a programmer, you'll have to be more
    specific about what you mean by "algorithms".

    Note that standard C has a limited concept of files and no clue about
    directories; C lets you open, close, read, write, and delete files,
    but perhaps not on the level you want. The underlying implementation
    will probably provide much greater functionality in this area, and you
    will probably want to consult an appropriate group such as (perhaps)
    comp.unix.programmer.

    Christopher Benson-Manica, Dec 21, 2006

  3. wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Is anyone aware of any good sources for C programming projects ? I'm
    > specifically looking at areas such as algorithms or distributed
    > databases/file systems.

    I don't know if it is releavant, but the Sun JVM is well written.

    a+, ld.
    Laurent Deniau, Dec 21, 2006