    http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/freeview_receivers.htm
    DAB radios price comparison -
    http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/dab_digital_radios.htm

    DAB sounds worse than FM, Nov 1, 2004

  2. On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 18:10:00 GMT, Matthew Hagston <>
    wrote:

    [snip]

    > just look through tutorial sites,

    Unfortunately, most tutorial sites that I've encountered are just as bad
    as most books: out-of-date and full of bad advice.

    [snip]

    Mike

    Please don't top-post.

    Replies should be placed inline with the relevant quoted material.
    Unrelated material should be deleted (and preferably marked as such).

    Signatures from previous posts should be deleted unless you are commenting
    on them. In that case, make sure the delimiter, "-- ", has been deleted.
    Your own signature must be the very last part of your post.

    --
    Michael Winter

    Michael Winter, Nov 1, 2004

  3. Matthew Hagston wrote:
    > In my own opinion, JavaScript book would be pretty useless unless you
    > need to learn general programming (which you don't if you know C).
    > JavaScript very similar to C. just look through tutorial sites, and
    > mainly reference sites such as...
    > http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp
    > http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS1
    > http://www.regexplib.com/RETester.aspx (good for more advanced regular
    > expression testing)
    >
    > ...but that's just my opinion, primarily because it changes so much
    > due to DOM changes and other things that a book is outdated fairly
    > quickly.

    Okay, thanks for the links. I've decided to go for Pure Javascript,
    because I like a book to refer to, although I've bookmarked the links
    you've given.

    Freeview receivers price comparison -

    DAB sounds worse than FM, Nov 2, 2004
  4. Don't.

    Pure Javascript stinks.

    Get David Flanagan's book, The Definitive Guide.

    --
    http://www.standards.com/; See Howard Kaikow's web site.

    Howard Kaikow, Nov 4, 2004
  5. Howard Kaikow wrote:

    > Get David Flanagan's book, The Definitive Guide.

    Although mentioned in the FAQ, Flanagan is at least questionable. That
    it is the considered the best book available for some people does not
    make it a good book at all. Google is your friend. [psf 6.1]

    PointedEars
    --
    I hate it when I get up in the middle of the night to stub my toe and
    accidentally go to the bathroom.

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Dec 12, 2004
  6. JRS: In article <>, dated Sun, 12 Dec
    2004 03:46:22, seen in news:comp.lang.javascript, Thomas 'PointedEars'
    Lahn <> posted :
    >Howard Kaikow wrote:
    >
    >> Get David Flanagan's book, The Definitive Guide.

    >Although mentioned in the FAQ, Flanagan is at least questionable. That
    >it is the considered the best book available for some people does not
    >make it a good book at all. Google is your friend. [psf 6.1]

    Caution - this idiot likes to reply to very old questions, and refuses
    to comply with common sense by giving the date of the article cited in
    his attributions, at least for old ones.

    --
    © John Stockton, Surrey, UK. ?@merlyn.demon.co.uk Turnpike v4.00 MIME ©

    Dr John Stockton, Dec 12, 2004