Good Soap Client

R. K. Wijayaratne

Hi guys,

Do you know of any software that allows you to point to any web-service URL,
paste the SOAP XML packet into a window, fire the pasted SOAP packet and see
the returned XML SOAP XML in the same program?

SOAP Spy Enterprise Edition does this, but it is expensive. Any other
programs that can do this?

Does VS 2005 do this?

Thank you,

RKW.

John Saunders [MVP]

R. K. Wijayaratne said:
Hi guys,

Do you know of any software that allows you to point to any web-service
URL,
paste the SOAP XML packet into a window, fire the pasted SOAP packet and
see
the returned XML SOAP XML in the same program?

SOAP Spy Enterprise Edition does this, but it is expensive. Any other
programs that can do this?

Does VS 2005 do this?

No, it doesn't. Check out soapUI at http://www.soapui.org/.

R. K. Wijayaratne

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply. The program looks great, went to the website and saw
the screen shots, even downloaded a copy. However my manager has already went
out and bought a copy of XML Spy for me, so I'll never be evaluating it for
work purposes :(

Sure it may have cost a small fortune, but on the bright side, atleast I get
to run a native app as opossed to a Java one...

RKW.