webservices , soap et wsdl

Pif

Hello,

I would like to begin Soap, and I've some questions ?
WSDL is a W3C standard for Soap. But what is soap in WS technologies.
There are many WS that use WSDL like JAX-WS for example. Does-this
mean that JAX-WS is an API to generate using java annotations Soap
compatible WS ?

I need to create a simple web service getXXX(String) that returns a
simple pojo object. This should be running in a BEA server. Can you
suggest me a good tutorial to create all XML files manually and other
tutorial that should be interesting in my context ?

Thank you.

Regards.

Arne Vajhøj

Pif said:
I would like to begin Soap, and I've some questions ?
WSDL is a W3C standard for Soap.

WSDL is a language to describe SOAP API's.
But what is soap in WS technologies.

SOAP is the language used in the actual web service call.
There are many WS that use WSDL like JAX-WS for example.
Yes.

Does-this
mean that JAX-WS is an API to generate using java annotations Soap
compatible WS ?

I would call JAX-WS annotation that enables a container to generate
both the Java code in front of the web service class and generate
the WSDL.
I need to create a simple web service getXXX(String) that returns a
simple pojo object. This should be running in a BEA server. Can you
suggest me a good tutorial to create all XML files manually and other
tutorial that should be interesting in my context ?

I will suggest either using Axis2 or use the Java EE feature of exposing
a session bean as a web service.

Arne

lalit

WSDL defines the webservice that is how you can call a webservice,
what is the signature and where the webservice is actually hosted.
WSDL is written in XML. SOAP is again a XML that is used by webservice
to exchange the messge. SOAP represents the message format.

You can see some <a href="http://www.lalitbhatt.com/tiki-index.php?
page=Java">Webservices Tutorial</a>. check the webservices section.

lalit

WSDL is the web service description language. It is a XML format and
tells about how to call a webservice, the format of message, where the
webservice is located and on what protocol you should send the
webservice.

SOAP is again an XML format which represents the actual message that
travels as part of webservice call.
You can see webservice tutorial at