Question about SOAP/WSDL...

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Greg, Jun 3, 2009.

  1. Greg

    Greg Guest

    Hello,

    I have a general question about sending SOAP envelopes and how WSDL
    files work within the context of an application. I'm a little bit
    confused on how SOAP/WSDL works together.

    I need to send a SOAP envelope in a certain format, and have been
    provided with a WSDL file for the web service I need to send to, that
    I have added as a web reference to my app. I then create the object
    and call the web service function to send the information required.

    My question - does using the WSDL file in my app inherently generate
    the SOAP envelope in the correct format when the Web service function
    is called? Do I need to create the SOAP envelope manually, or is that
    what the WSDL is doing for me?

    Along those lines - I need a http authentication header to go with the
    SOAP envelope - is that created by using the Credentials object for
    the web service?

    Thanks for any help,
    Greg
    Greg, Jun 3, 2009