Google AI challenge: planet war. Lisp won.

Discussion in 'Python' started by Xah Lee, Dec 2, 2010.

  1. Xah Lee

    Xah Lee Guest

    Xah Lee, Dec 2, 2010

  2. Xah Lee

    tivrfoa Guest

    On Dec 2, 3:06 pm, Xah Lee <> wrote:
    > discovered this rather late.
    >
    > Google has a AI Challenge: planet wars.http://ai-contest.com/index.php
    >
    > it started sometimes 2 months ago and ended first this month.
    >
    > the winner is Gábor Melis, with his code written in lisp.
    >
    > Congrats lispers!
    >
    > Gábor wrote a blog about it herehttp://quotenil.com/Planet-Wars-Post-Mortem.html
    >
    > (not sure if this has been mentioned here but quick search didn't find
    > it)
    >
    >  Xah ∑http://xahlee.org/☄

    this game is very cool and it's hard .. argh
    http://www.galcon.com/flash/play.php

    tivrfoa, Dec 3, 2010

  3. Xah Lee

    Ian Guest

    On Dec 2, 5:59 pm, tivrfoa <> wrote:
    > On Dec 2, 3:06 pm, Xah Lee <> wrote:
    >

    > > discovered this rather late.

    > > Google has a AI Challenge: planet wars.http://ai-contest.com/index.php

    > > it started sometimes 2 months ago and ended first this month.

    > > the winner is Gábor Melis, with his code written in lisp.

    > > Congrats lispers!

    > > Gábor wrote a blog about it herehttp://quotenil.com/Planet-Wars-Post-Mortem.html

    > > (not sure if this has been mentioned here but quick search didn't find
    > > it)

    > >  Xah ∑http://xahlee.org/☄

    > this game is very cool and it's hard .. arghhttp://www.galcon.com/flash/play.php

    For what it's worth, I recollect that the original GalCon was written
    in Python as part of one of the PyWeek competitions. ;-)

    Cheers,
    Ian

    Ian, Dec 3, 2010
  4. Xah Lee

    namekuseijin Guest

    On 2 dez, 15:06, Xah Lee <> wrote:
    > discovered this rather late.
    >
    > Google has a AI Challenge: planet wars.http://ai-contest.com/index.php
    >
    > it started sometimes 2 months ago and ended first this month.
    >
    > the winner is Gábor Melis, with his code written in lisp.
    >
    > Congrats lispers!
    >
    > Gábor wrote a blog about it herehttp://quotenil.com/Planet-Wars-Post-Mortem.html
    >
    > (not sure if this has been mentioned here but quick search didn't find
    > it)
    >
    >  Xah ∑http://xahlee.org/☄

    definitely cool!

    namekuseijin, Dec 3, 2010
  5. Xah Lee

    Mirko Guest

    On Dec 2, 12:06 pm, Xah Lee <> wrote:
    > discovered this rather late.
    >
    > Google has a AI Challenge: planet wars.http://ai-contest.com/index.php
    >
    > it started sometimes 2 months ago and ended first this month.
    >
    > the winner is Gábor Melis, with his code written in lisp.
    >
    > Congrats lispers!
    >
    > Gábor wrote a blog about it herehttp://quotenil.com/Planet-Wars-Post-Mortem.html
    >
    > (not sure if this has been mentioned here but quick search didn't find
    > it)
    >
    >  Xah ∑http://xahlee.org/☄

    Thanks for letting us know and congratulations to Gabor.

    Mirko, Dec 4, 2010
  6. Xah Lee

    Red John Guest

    > Yeah, riiight.  So it's a crime to have any fun in life, right?  Go get
    > a life.
    >
    > -- Benjamin L. Russell

    +1

    Red John, Dec 4, 2010
  7. Xah Lee

    Xah Lee Guest

    On Dec 20, 10:06 pm, "Jon Harrop" <> wrote:
    > Wasn't that the "challenge" where they wouldn't even accept solutions
    > written in many other languages (including both OCaml and F#)?

    Ocaml is one of the supported lang. See:

    http://ai-contest.com/starter_packages.php

    there are 12 teams using OCaml. See:
    http://ai-contest.com/rankings.php
    (click on the lang to see all teams using that lang)

    Xah

    Xah Lee, Dec 22, 2010
  8. Xah Lee

    namekuseijin Guest

    On Dec 22 2010, 12:46 pm, Xah Lee <> wrote:
    > On Dec 20, 10:06 pm, "Jon Harrop" <> wrote:
    >
    > > Wasn't that the "challenge" where they wouldn't even accept solutions
    > > written in many other languages (including both OCaml and F#)?

    > Ocaml is one of the supported lang. See:
    >
    > http://ai-contest.com/starter_packages.php
    >
    > there are 12 teams using OCaml. See:http://ai-contest.com/rankings.php
    > (click on the lang to see all teams using that lang)
    >
    >  Xah

    PWNED

    namekuseijin, Jan 20, 2011