Google newsgroup "Unable to find thread" message?

Stephen Ferg

I use the newsgroup mainly via my Web browser and Google.

Over the last few days, when I click on a link to a thread, I've been
frequently getting the message "Unable to find thread."

Does anybody know what's going on?

John J. Lee

I use the newsgroup mainly via my Web browser and Google.

Over the last few days, when I click on a link to a thread, I've been
frequently getting the message "Unable to find thread."

Does anybody know what's going on?

No, but in the past I've found that you can often get the whole thread
by following a slightly different click path to the thread page (I
don't remember the details, sorry).

It has been happening for months.

John

Gerrit Holl

Stephen said:
Subject: Google newsgroup "Unable to find thread" message?
I use the newsgroup mainly via my Web browser and Google.

Over the last few days, when I click on a link to a thread, I've been
frequently getting the message "Unable to find thread."

Does anybody know what's going on?

It seems to be a Google problem. It is not limited to c.l.py...

Gerrit.