    Over the last few days, when I click on a link to a thread, I've been
    frequently getting the message "Unable to find thread."

    Does anybody know what's going on?

    Stephen Ferg, Sep 29, 2003

  2. Stephen Ferg

    John J. Lee Guest

    (Stephen Ferg) writes:

    > I use the newsgroup mainly via my Web browser and Google.
    >
    > Over the last few days, when I click on a link to a thread, I've been
    > frequently getting the message "Unable to find thread."
    >
    > Does anybody know what's going on?

    No, but in the past I've found that you can often get the whole thread
    by following a slightly different click path to the thread page (I
    don't remember the details, sorry).

    It has been happening for months.

    John

    John J. Lee, Sep 29, 2003

  3. Stephen Ferg

    Gerrit Holl Guest

    Stephen Ferg wrote:
    > Subject: Google newsgroup "Unable to find thread" message?

    > I use the newsgroup mainly via my Web browser and Google.
    >
    > Over the last few days, when I click on a link to a thread, I've been
    > frequently getting the message "Unable to find thread."
    >
    > Does anybody know what's going on?

    It seems to be a Google problem. It is not limited to c.l.py...

    Gerrit.

    --
    238. If a sailor wreck any one's ship, but saves it, he shall pay the
    half of its value in money.

    Gerrit Holl, Sep 29, 2003
  4. Stephen Ferg

    Penna Elabi Guest

    (Stephen Ferg) wrote in message news:<>...

    > I use the newsgroup mainly via my Web browser and Google.
    >
    > Over the last few days, when I click on a link to a thread, I've been
    > frequently getting the message "Unable to find thread."

    Google Groups is having problems, see this thread from the
    google.public.support.general newsgroup:

    http://groups.google.com/groups?&threadm=

    Penna Elabi, Oct 1, 2003