googletalk communication with perl

Alexandre Jaquet

Hi,

Anyone 've tryed to communicate with googletalk with a perl script and
have some ressource to share ?

thanks in advance

Alexandre Jaquet

Paul Lalli

Alexandre said:
Anyone 've tryed to communicate with googletalk with a perl script and
have some ressource to share ?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Google Talk just making use of the
standard Jabber proticol?

Search for 'Jabber' at http://search.cpan.org

Paul Lalli

Alexandre Jaquet

Paul Lalli a écrit :
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Google Talk just making use of the
standard Jabber proticol?

Search for 'Jabber' at http://search.cpan.org

Paul Lalli

As I know Google Talk uses the standard XMPP protocol for
authentication, presence, and messaging.

Stephen Hildrey

Alexandre said:
Paul Lalli a écrit :

As I know Google Talk uses the standard XMPP protocol for
authentication, presence, and messaging.

Jabber uses XMPP as its main protocol. As Google Talk uses XMPP too, you
should be able to connect using XMPP or Jabber modules from CPAN, such
as those here:

http://search.cpan.org/search?query=XMPP
or here
http://search.cpan.org/search?query=Jabber

Whether GT is worthy of your time/effort, when a perfectly good,
non-Google XMPP network exists already [1], is a debate best conducted
somewhere other than clpm :)

[1] - http://www.jabber.org/