    have some ressource to share ?

    thanks in advance

    Alexandre Jaquet
    Alexandre Jaquet, Sep 16, 2005

  2. Alexandre Jaquet

    Paul Lalli Guest

    Alexandre Jaquet wrote:
    > Anyone 've tryed to communicate with googletalk with a perl script and
    > have some ressource to share ?

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Google Talk just making use of the
    standard Jabber proticol?

    Search for 'Jabber' at http://search.cpan.org

    Paul Lalli
    Paul Lalli, Sep 16, 2005

  3. Paul Lalli a écrit :
    > Alexandre Jaquet wrote:
    >
    >>Anyone 've tryed to communicate with googletalk with a perl script and
    >>have some ressource to share ?

    > Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Google Talk just making use of the
    > standard Jabber proticol?
    >
    > Search for 'Jabber' at http://search.cpan.org
    >
    > Paul Lalli

    As I know Google Talk uses the standard XMPP protocol for
    authentication, presence, and messaging.
    Alexandre Jaquet, Sep 16, 2005
  4. Alexandre Jaquet > wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Anyone 've tryed to communicate with googletalk with a perl script and
    > have some ressource to share ?

    I haven't, but take a look at http://www.google.com/talk/developer.html.
    It should contain enough information to get you started.

    regards,

    Mark
    Mark Clements, Sep 16, 2005
  5. Alexandre Jaquet > wrote:
    > Paul Lalli a écrit :
    >
    >> Alexandre Jaquet wrote:
    >>
    >>> Anyone 've tryed to communicate with googletalk with a perl script and
    >>> have some ressource to share ?

    >> Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Google Talk just making use of the
    >> standard Jabber proticol?
    >>
    >> Search for 'Jabber' at http://search.cpan.org
    >>
    >> Paul Lalli
    >>

    > As I know Google Talk uses the standard XMPP protocol for
    > authentication, presence, and messaging.

    Jabber uses XMPP as its main protocol. As Google Talk uses XMPP too, you
    should be able to connect using XMPP or Jabber modules from CPAN, such
    as those here:

    http://search.cpan.org/search?query=XMPP
    or here
    http://search.cpan.org/search?query=Jabber

    Whether GT is worthy of your time/effort, when a perfectly good,
    non-Google XMPP network exists already [1], is a debate best conducted
    somewhere other than clpm :)

    [1] - http://www.jabber.org/

    --
    Stephen Hildrey
    E-mail: / Tel: +442071931337
    Stephen Hildrey, Sep 16, 2005
  6. Alexandre Jaquet

    Thus0 Guest

    Alexandre Jaquet > wrote:
    > Paul Lalli a écrit :
    >
    >> Alexandre Jaquet wrote:
    >>
    >>> Anyone 've tryed to communicate with googletalk with a perl script and
    >>> have some ressource to share ?

    >> Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Google Talk just making use of the
    >> standard Jabber proticol?
    >>
    >> Search for 'Jabber' at http://search.cpan.org
    >>
    >> Paul Lalli
    >>

    > As I know Google Talk uses the standard XMPP protocol for
    > authentication, presence, and messaging.

    Hello,

    I managed to write a perl script with Net-Jabber and Authen-SASL
    modules. I've put my source code on my web site :

    http://www.pervasive-network.org/SPIP/GoogleTalk-with-perl

    See You

    --
    Thus0