    James Guest

    Is that got any API to read the exe file then show all the detail inside
    it? and able to do extract resource....

    James, Jan 14, 2004

  2. James

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 11:01:39 +0800, "James" <> wrote
    or quoted :

    >Is that got any API to read the exe file then show all the detail inside
    >it? and able to do extract resource....

    You need to get a Windows Resource kit that has the formats, then go
    chasing pointers using Random access to find the stuff of interest.
    See http://mindprod.com/fileio.html

    For simple stuff look at the assembler code in my utility
    isWindows

    see http://mindprod.com/products.html#ISWINDOWS

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Jan 14, 2004

  3. "James" <> wrote in message
    | Is that got any API to read the exe file

    A windows .exe, or .class/.jar?

    But yes, java.io.File and Class.getResource
    should do the trick.

    |..then show all the detail inside
    | it?

    1) dunno, 2) Reflection

    |..and able to do extract resource....

    1) dunno, 2) if you packed the
    ..java in there, easy..

    --
    Andrew Thompson

    Andrew Thompson, Jan 14, 2004
  4. James

    James Guest

    nope
    it is normal exe
    not java to exe
    it is normal window program, I need to get the resource and show it at
    runtime.

    James, Jan 14, 2004