Got System.Net.WebException when using WebRequest.getResponse()

Sean Erwin

I am having a very frustrating intermittent problem. I am making an
A2A call to a remote server and when I issue the:
WebRequest.getResponse call it occasionally fails with the following
error:

<Error description>
Exception Type: System.Net.WebException
Response: NULL
Message: The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to
the remote server.
TargetSite: Void CheckFinalStatus()
HelpLink: NULL
Source: System

StackTrace Information
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.CheckFinalStatus()
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult
asyncResult)
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at EB.CardActivation.UI.ActivateCard.GetCardStatus(String MemberID,
String EmployerID)
<End Error Description>

This error occurs approximately 10% of the time.

We are not using a proxy server.

Any assistance would be great

Thanks

Sean Erwin

Feroze [MSFT]

There could be many reasons for getting this. What kind of setup do you have
? Are you using authentication on the server ? If so, what kind ?

Are you issuing multiple requests in a small amount of time?

What kind of OS/Webserver is on the remote server ?

feroze.
--
Remove "user" from the email address to reply to the author.