  1. Hi group. I'm wondering about any books/resources for graphics, etc,
    in C. I'm particularly interested in the GUI aspect. I have no
    experience in this. Thank you.

    not_obfuscatory, Nov 25, 2003

  2. Did you try google? You'll surely find lot of resources.

    Pushkar Pradhan, Nov 25, 2003

  3. not_obfuscatory

    harshit Guest

    try GTK libraries in linux

    harshit, Nov 25, 2003
  4. not_obfuscatory

    Minti Guest

    (not_obfuscatory) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hi group. I'm wondering about any books/resources for graphics, etc,
    > in C. I'm particularly interested in the GUI aspect. I have no
    > experience in this. Thank you.

    This query is OT for c.l.c.

    <OT>
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/002-6829240-7588053

    I like the book by 1)Foley 2) another by Hearn and Baker 3) Book by
    David F Roger though they don't cover pure GUI aspect[ They cover lot
    of theorotical aspects of Graphics, and algorithms relating to them ]
    I think you are looking for a book for doing Grpahcs through VC++.

    </OT>

    HTH

    --
    Imanpreet Singh Arora
    isingh AT@ acm DOT. org

    Minti, Nov 25, 2003
  5. "not_obfuscatory" <>
    wrote:...
    > Hi group. I'm wondering about any books/resources for graphics, etc,
    > in C. I'm particularly interested in the GUI aspect. I have no
    > experience in this. Thank you.

    C standard doesn't defined GUI stuff.
    Maybe you should try GTK on Linux.
    On Windows, you can try MS Visual Studio, or Borland C++.

    William ZHANG, Nov 25, 2003

  6. > Hi group. I'm wondering about any books/resources for graphics, etc,
    > in C. I'm particularly interested in the GUI aspect. I have no
    > experience in this. Thank you.

    Advanced Graphics Programming in C & C++
    by Roger T Stevens & C D Watkins
    (Prentice Hall)

    You will also find some names in:
    http://www.accu.org/bookreviews/public/reviews/a/a000148.htm