    graphics.h could not be compiled under windows.

    thanks in advance
    Adam

    Adam, Jan 11, 2006

  2. Adam wrote:
    > hi
    >
    > how could I use graphic in dos program, but compiled under windows
    > compiler? graphics.h could not be compiled under windows.

    Not topical here. Try one of the DOS/Windows groups.

    Cheers

    Vladimir

    --
    My e-mail address is real, and I read it.

    Vladimir S. Oka, Jan 11, 2006

  3. Adam

    Mike Wahler Guest

    "Adam" <> wrote in message
    > hi
    >
    > how could I use graphic in dos program, but compiled under windows
    > compiler? graphics.h could not be compiled under windows.

    1. Standard C has no support for graphics

    2. Standard C has no such header 'graphics.h'

    3. There's a reason we have e.g. "Windows compilers",
    "DOS compilers", "Unix compilers", etc. Each one
    produces a binary compatible with its target platform.
    So it makes no sense at all to try to run e.g. a program
    produced by a Windows compiler on a DOS target.

    4. Operating system is only one aspect of 'platform'. A compiler
    must produce code which is compatible with the host system's
    processor (e.g. Intel x86, Motorola 68xxx, etc).

    5. The reason we have a standard C (and other) languages is
    so that the same source code can be used to build programs
    for many platforms. It's the compilers for each platform which
    translate the source to the appropriate machine code.

    6. There do exist products known as 'cross compilers' which
    can run (compile programs) on one platform, but produce executables for
    other platforms.

    -Mike

    Mike Wahler, Jan 12, 2006
  4. Groovy hepcat Adam was jivin' on Wed, 11 Jan 2006 20:46:24 +0100 in
    comp.lang.c.
    graphics under dos's a cool scene! Dig it!

    >how could I use graphic in dos program, but compiled under windows compiler?
    >graphics.h could not be compiled under windows.

    Try comp.os.msdos.programmer or alt.msdos.programmer.

    http://alphalink.com.au/~phaywood/

    Peter Shaggy Haywood, Jan 14, 2006