Gridview and Setting column width problem

Chuck

I'm setting the column with for a gridview (25+- columns) and have
paging turned on.

When the gridview is first displayed, the column widths are all set to
the default. But after paging to another page, the widths are set as
they should be.

Going back to page one, the widths are still correct.

Not a clue what's going on here!

<asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" Style="z-index: 100;
left: 0px; position: absolute; top: 103px; width:2900; "
SkinID="GridSkin" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1"
AutoGenerateColumns="False"
AllowPaging="True" AllowSorting="True"
EnableSortingAndPagingCallbacks="True" PageSize="4" >
<Columns>
<asp:BoundField DataField="Flood" HeaderText="Flood"
SortExpression="Flood" HtmlEncode="False" >
<ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" Width="50px" />
<HeaderStyle Width="50px" />
</asp:BoundField>

Any ideas about what I'm missing??

chuck

GaryDean

I had a problem similar to this. I found that, unlike other style settings,
custom column widths get reset on each postback with the
GridView control. I solved the problem by reseting them on each postback in
the Page_Load event before my !IsPostBack test. I could
have also put that in OnInit I suppose.

I don't know if this is a bug or by design.

Chuck

arrrrrrgh. I tried the page_load before the is_postback.
No change.

Adding "TABLE { table-layout:fixed; }" to the css file solved the
problem for me, but created another. Now the paging numbers are
justified across the page, instead of being grouped to the left. Wish
I could figure out what I'm doing wrong.

chuck

GaryDean

I'm wondering if the Page_Load event is getting executed each time the user
changes pages. You could put a stop on that code to see.

Chuck

Yep, the page load is executed when the page loads, and the column,
Item and Header widths are being set. But if I don't have the css
command: TABLE { table-layout:fixed; }, then the column widths are not
set.

But with the css command the widths are set, but the pager line is
justified across the table (which is quite wide).

If there a css command to set the footer for the table??

Wierd.

chuck