GridView: Calculated Field

sck10

Hello, I am using the following DataSource with a GridView. My question is
how do I show the calculated field in a GridView for the following:

RevenueQtr01 + RevenueQtr02 + RevenueQtr03 + RevenueQtr04 AS
strActualRevenue

--
Thanks in advance,

sck10

SQL String Data Source
-------------------------
<asp:SqlDataSource ID="dsCustRevListQuery" runat="server"
ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:cnnFundTrack %>"
SelectCommand="
SELECT
CustomerRevenue_ID,
ServiceName,
Customer,
Region,
RevenueQtr01 + RevenueQtr02 + RevenueQtr03 + RevenueQtr04 AS
strActualRevenue,
RevenueImpactType,
RevenueYear,
AnnualForecastRevenue
FROM tblServicePortfolio_Customer_Revenue
WHERE (ServiceName = @ServiceName)
ORDER BY RevenueYear DESC, Customer, Region, RevenueImpactType">
<SelectParameters>
<asp:ControlParameter
ControlID="gvSearchList"
DefaultValue="NoParameter"
Name="ServiceName"
PropertyName="SelectedValue"
Type="String" />
</SelectParameters>
</asp:SqlDataSource>

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Hi,

Thank you for posting!

Based on my understanding, a calculated field is just like a normal field
except it cannot be used for updating. During DataBinding, it will show in
the GridView just as the other fields. So I'm not quite clear about the
issue here. Would you mind telling me more information about it? So that we
can work on it together. Thanks.

Regards,

Walter Wang
Microsoft Online Community Support