GridView column reordering

Brock Allen

The GridView is part of ASP.NET 2.0 which will have beta 2 released real
soon now. You can start working with it now, BTW. The final release is supposed
to be 4-6 months after beta 2, IOW the second half of 2005.

Shafia

Hi,

Please let me know if the new Column Reordering and FullRowSelect features
in GridView would be available in Beta2 or final release? These are not
available in Asp 2.0 Beta1.

Thanks,
Shafia

Brock Allen

I've not seen any sort of Column Reordering feature. As far as full row select,
the GridView does support the ability to select a row which induces a postback.
You can then use that selected row to populate other controls.

Shafia

Hi Brock,

I'm confused. the artical
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnforms/html/winforms12182003.asp
says "Column reordering" and many other extended features are available
with GridView in .Net Framework 2.0 Alpha.

I've been asuming these should also be there for it's Web counter part,
ASP 2.0 GridView. It is very important for me to know if these features
exist. If GridView in next beta doesnt have them, I would make a decision
now to rather use a third party Grid.
Please comment.

Thanks for your time,
Shafia