GridView editing mode calling databind

tshad

I have a GridView that has about 500 rows in .

The rows have a command field on it are editable.

The problem is that everytime I press the edit button, it does a query of
the database to get the same data it already has.

This is slowing things down.

I already have it going slow because it has to redraw the GridView to open
up the row and display the textboxes.

Is there a way to just move the data from the lables of that row to the text
boxes and just display the changed row and not go the database?

Thanks,

Tom

Guest

I have a GridView that has about 500 rows in .

The rows have a command field on it are editable.

The problem is that everytime I press the edit button, it does a query of
the database to get the same data it already has.

This is slowing things down.

I already have it going slow because it has to redraw the  GridView to open
up the row and display the textboxes.

Is there a way to just move the data from the lables of that row to the text
boxes and just display the changed row and not go the database?

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Tom

I think there are two ways on how to fix that. You either can limit
your grid by getting not all 500 rows in the same time, or you can
make a custom edit. As for example for that you can take a look at the
following post: http://forums.asp.net/t/1368247.aspx

Hope this helps