GridView header wrap

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mark Rae, May 15, 2006.

  1. Mark Rae

    Mark Rae Guest

    Hi,

    Is there a bug in the GridView control specifically related to wrapping of
    header text...?

    E.g. the following tag
    <asp:GridView HeaderStyle-Wrap="false" ID=gvListUsers runat=server ... etc
    .... >

    does not prevent the header text from wrapping.

    Even if I add the following:
    <HeaderStyle Wrap="false" />

    the header text still wraps...

    Is this a known issue? It certainly didn't / doesn't happen with the old
    <asp:DataGrid control.

    Any assistance gratefully received.

    Mark

    Mark Rae, May 15, 2006

  2. Mark Rae

    Mark Rae Guest

    "Mark Rae" <> wrote in message

    > Hi,
    >
    > Is there a bug in the GridView control specifically related to wrapping of
    > header text...?
    >
    > E.g. the following tag
    > <asp:GridView HeaderStyle-Wrap="false" ID=gvListUsers runat=server ... etc
    > ... >
    >
    > does not prevent the header text from wrapping.
    >
    > Even if I add the following:
    > <HeaderStyle Wrap="false" />
    >
    > the header text still wraps...
    >
    > Is this a known issue? It certainly didn't / doesn't happen with the old
    > <asp:DataGrid control.
    >
    > Any assistance gratefully received.
    >
    > Mark

    Anyone got any thoughts about this - it's driving me crazy!

    Mark Rae, May 17, 2006

  3. Mark Rae

    Mark Rae Guest

    "Mark Rae" <> wrote in message

    > Anyone got any thoughts about this - it's driving me crazy!

    Finally figured it out, with the help of this webpage:
    http://www.experts-exchange.com/Programming/Q_21705273.html

    Basically, if a GridView is contained within a panel (or anything which
    renders as a DIV), any CSS applied to the containing object overrides the
    GridView's formatting settings...

    Mark Rae, May 20, 2006