    the user shows "all" rows, there is no way to get back to the pager and thus
    reduce the page size.

    Thanks,

    Andrew Robinson, Apr 10, 2007

  2. Hi Andrew,

    As for the GridView control, the "InitializePager " method is called by the
    "CreateRow" method which is further called by "CreateChildControls", you
    can check it through the reflector tool:

    =========
    protected override int CreateChildControls(IEnumerable dataSource, bool
    dataBinding)
    =========

    the problem here is that "GridView.CreateChildControls" will always check
    the DataSource's itemset to see whether it is pageable, and only when it is
    pagable will it create the pager, there hasn't exposed a built-in interface
    for us to force the pager be displayed.

    If you do want to display some infomration when the records count is not
    pagable, do you think it is possible to use the GridView footer to display
    them or manually use a wrapper table around the gridview to display the
    information?

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    ications.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Apr 11, 2007

  3. Hi Andrew,

    Any progress on this issue or does the suggestion in my last reply helps
    you a little? If there is anything else we can help, please feel free to
    post here.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Apr 13, 2007