Gridview paging

David

Hi,

Using .NET 2.0, C#.

I am using the gridview and also the paging mechanism.

Say I have 5 pages of information, I want to be able to select (with a
checkbox, which I already have working) say, 5 items off of each page, then
press a button on the outside of the grid and know which of each of the 5
items on each of the 5 pages I have.

Does the gridview carry over the checkbox information when the paging is
being used? If not, how do I override the paging in order to do this?
(Basically, at the end of page 5, I should now have 25 items that I can then
see when I click my button).

For my checkboxes, I am using an asp:TemplateField in the gridview, with an
asp:CheckBox.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

--
Best regards,
Dave Colliver.

Larry Bud

Hi,

Using .NET 2.0, C#.

I am using the gridview and also the paging mechanism.

Say I have 5 pages of information, I want to be able to select (with a
checkbox, which I already have working) say, 5 items off of each page, then
press a button on the outside of the grid and know which of each of the 5
items on each of the 5 pages I have.

Does the gridview carry over the checkbox information when the paging is
being used? If not, how do I override the paging in order to do this?
(Basically, at the end of page 5, I should now have 25 items that I can then
see when I click my button).

For my checkboxes, I am using an asp:TemplateField in the gridview, with an
asp:CheckBox.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

No, it doesn't carry over. You'd have to store what items are checked
in a session variable.