    clicking Update link/button on gridview

    I set datasource at runtime, basically a datatable

    Edit and Cancel works. I don't know why RowUpdating just doesn't fire.

    nick chan, Feb 25, 2008

  2. nick chan

    nick chan Guest

    I just checked that even the RowCommand does not fire when clicking
    update

    nick chan, Feb 25, 2008

  3. nick chan

    nick chan Guest

    I just found out something

    After i click edit, i will get Update and Cancel button

    When I viewsource, I get this

    <input type="submit" name="GridView1$ctl07$ctl01" value="Update"
    onclick="javascript:WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions(new
    WebForm_PostBackOptions(&quot;GridView1$ctl07$ctl01&quot;,
    &quot;&quot;, true, &quot;&quot;, &quot;&quot;, false, false))" /
    >&nbsp;<input type="button" value="Cancel"

    onclick="javascript:__doPostBack('GridView1','Cancel$5')"

    Cancel Works. But Update doesnt. Why? perhaps
    WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions is not constructed properly. A Bug?
    Perhaps. So when I manually execute "__doPostBack('GridView1','Update
    $5')", it will call RowUpdating. Weird ! Why does this happen?

    nick chan, Feb 26, 2008
  4. nick chan

    balusiddu

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Please use button type as link so it will hit the gridview_rowupdate event
    for Button type it is not hitting we also dont kmow y it is not hitting

    thanks

    balusiddu, Oct 15, 2009