Gridview RowUpdating Not Firing

nick chan

Hi i run into some difficulties getting rowupdating to fire when
clicking Update link/button on gridview

I set datasource at runtime, basically a datatable

Edit and Cancel works. I don't know why RowUpdating just doesn't fire.

nick chan

I just found out something

After i click edit, i will get Update and Cancel button

When I viewsource, I get this

<input type="submit" name="GridView1$ctl07$ctl01" value="Update"
onclick="javascript:WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions(new
WebForm_PostBackOptions(&quot;GridView1$ctl07$ctl01&quot;,
&quot;&quot;, true, &quot;&quot;, &quot;&quot;, false, false))" /
&nbsp;<input type="button" value="Cancel"
onclick="javascript:__doPostBack('GridView1','Cancel$5')"

Cancel Works. But Update doesnt. Why? perhaps
WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions is not constructed properly. A Bug?
Perhaps. So when I manually execute "__doPostBack('GridView1','Update
$5')", it will call RowUpdating. Weird ! Why does this happen?

Joined
Oct 15, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Please use button type as link so it will hit the gridview_rowupdate event
for Button type it is not hitting we also dont kmow y it is not hitting

thanks