Gridview Textfield

Sebastian Terodde

Hi NG,

I have made my first steps in ASP.net.
I used a gridview control, bound it to a Datasource ... everything is fine.
But I have a textfield in the Database. It contains a description of
something. So it has sometimes many Text.
Problem is, that I did not found any possibility to make a "textarea"
similiar textfield in Gridview.

If there is any possibility, please tell me :)

Thanks for help

Sebastian

Riki

Sebastian said:
Hi NG,

I have made my first steps in ASP.net.
I used a gridview control, bound it to a Datasource ... everything is
fine. But I have a textfield in the Database. It contains a
description of something. So it has sometimes many Text.
Problem is, that I did not found any possibility to make a "textarea"
similiar textfield in Gridview.

If there is any possibility, please tell me :)

Thanks for help

Sebastian

Convert the boundfield into a templatefield. You can do this by selecting
"edit columns" in the gridview's smart tag menu, selecting the column, and
clicking on the convert link.

After that, you have full control over the contents of the column. Find the
textbox, and set TextMode=Multiline.