GTK Window to JFrame converter?

Discussion in 'Java' started by Shafik, May 16, 2008.

  1. Shafik

    Shafik Guest

    Hello folks,

    Any java gui geniuses out there?

    I have this rather interesting problem: I have a shell application
    written in GTK that uses the GTK socket-plug architecture to allow
    third party programs to plug into that shell.

    The problem is that I would like to write a Java Swing application and
    plug it in to that architecture ... is that even possible?

    The GTK shell returns a GTK Window object for the third party
    application to display it's gui on. Can I somehow convert that Window
    object to a JFrame object so I can write native Swing code for the
    Java application?

    Any creative insight will be much appreciated.

    Thanks,
    --Shafik
    Shafik, May 16, 2008

  2. Shafik

    Mark Space Guest

    Shafik wrote:
    > Hello folks,
    >
    > Any java gui geniuses out there?
    >
    > I have this rather interesting problem: I have a shell application
    > written in GTK that uses the GTK socket-plug architecture to allow
    > third party programs to plug into that shell.

    Could you provide a link to the documentation for GTK's "socket-plug
    architecture"? I did a Google search but nothing looked reasonable.
    Mark Space, May 16, 2008

  3. Shafik

    Shafik Guest

    On May 16, 1:08 pm, Mark Space <> wrote:
    > Shafik wrote:
    > > Hello folks,

    > > Any java gui geniuses out there?

    > > I have this rather interesting problem: I have a shell application
    > > written in GTK that uses the GTK socket-plug architecture to allow
    > > third party programs to plug into that shell.

    > Could you provide a link to the documentation for GTK's "socket-plug
    > architecture"? I did a Google search but nothing looked reasonable.

    http://www.pygtk.org/docs/pygtk/class-gtksocket.html

    Cheers,
    --Shafik
    Shafik, May 16, 2008
  4. Shafik

    Mark Space Guest

    Shafik wrote:
    > On May 16, 1:08 pm, Mark Space <> wrote:
    >> Shafik wrote:
    >>> Hello folks,
    >>> Any java gui geniuses out there?
    >>> I have this rather interesting problem: I have a shell application
    >>> written in GTK that uses the GTK socket-plug architecture to allow
    >>> third party programs to plug into that shell.

    >> Could you provide a link to the documentation for GTK's "socket-plug
    >> architecture"? I did a Google search but nothing looked reasonable.

    > http://www.pygtk.org/docs/pygtk/class-gtksocket.html

    Thanks! I surely don't know any Java class or package that connects to
    this, but I appreciate the info. GTK is a cool API.
    Mark Space, May 16, 2008