GUI IDE for Macintosh?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Leo, Aug 19, 2003.

  1. Leo

    Leo Guest

    Leo, Aug 19, 2003

  2. Leo

    Leo Guest

    "Detlev Offenbach" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Leo wrote:
    > > i'm looking for a GUI Building IDE for Python Development running on a
    > > mac under OS X.

    > I think in the meantime Trolltech has released Qt for Mac OS X. This
    > means that you should be able to compile sip, PyQt and QScintilla (???).

    Qt is ported, but SIP seems to be the problem: according to
    riverbankcomputing there is no SIP for mac. :-(

    that woud mean no luck... :-(

    or are there other other GUI builders?

    cheers, leo
    Leo, Aug 20, 2003

  3. Leo

    reh Guest

    Leo wrote:

    > Qt is ported, but SIP seems to be the problem: according to
    > riverbankcomputing there is no SIP for mac. :-(
    >
    > that woud mean no luck... :-(
    >
    > or are there other other GUI builders?
    >
    > cheers, leo

    try google for "mac python gui"

    --
    robert
    redhat 9.0
    reh, Aug 21, 2003
  4. Leo

    JanC Guest

    "Leo" <> schreef:

    > i'm looking for a GUI Building IDE for Python Development running on a
    > mac under OS X.
    >
    > i know about eric (http://www.die-offenbachs.de/detlev/eric3.html) and
    > boa (http://boa-constructor.sourceforge.net/). in
    >
    > their install readme's si only linux and windows listed. does anybody
    > has experience with a GUI Building Tool on OS X?

    I saw there is an experimental wxPython binary build for Python 2.3 for
    MacOS X. Boa Constrictor itself is pure Python.

    So _maybe_ it just works...?

    --
    JanC

    JanC, Aug 23, 2003