GUI with sophisticated Table support

Torsten Mohr

Hi,

i want to write an application where i need a Table to
display some values.

The table should display a list of objects, so to say,
a column for each attribute of the object.
I'd also like the user to be able to change the width
of each column, like in Excel.

I'd prefer to use Tkinter, but i think it can't do all
that.

Is there a way for Tkinter to handle this?

If not, what other GUI can do that? (wxPython?)

Thanks for hints,
Torsten.

F. GEIGER

Torsten Mohr said:
Hi,

i want to write an application where i need a Table to
display some values.

The table should display a list of objects, so to say,
a column for each attribute of the object.
I'd also like the user to be able to change the width
of each column, like in Excel.

I'd prefer to use Tkinter, but i think it can't do all
that.

Do a group-google search for *tkinter table*. That shows up quite a few
hits.
Is there a way for Tkinter to handle this?

If not, what other GUI can do that? (wxPython?)

What you are looking for is contained in the wxPython demo app.
Thanks for hints,
Torsten.

HTH
Franz GEIGER

Torsten Mohr

Hi,
Do a group-google search for *tkinter table*. That shows up quite a few
hits.

thanks for that hint, but nearly every hit shows the Table of contents
for Tkinter", which is not what i search for.

My question here is rather in detail about Tkinters Table and if it can
show resizable columns tho easily display a list of objects.

I did not find any help searching for this with google, but i'd really
rather like to use Tkinter over wxPython, that's the background of the
question.

Thanks for your help anyway, sorry if my question was unclear.

Best regards,
Torsten.

Alex Martelli

Torsten Mohr said:
My question here is rather in detail about Tkinters Table and if it can
show resizable columns tho easily display a list of objects.

I did not find any help searching for this with google, but i'd really
rather like to use Tkinter over wxPython, that's the background of the
question.

Hmmm -- there's a tktable (on sourceforge) which claims to have
resizable columns and a Python/Tkinter wrapper, but I haven't tried it,
myself. tktable.sourceforge.net for more info...

Alex

F. GEIGER

Torsten Mohr said:
Hi,

thanks for that hint, but nearly every hit shows the Table of contents
for Tkinter", which is not what i search for.

Do a *group* google serach (i.e. a search w/i groups indexed by Google,
formerly known as DejaNews).

Then you'll get for example
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/52266
http://tkinter.unpythonic.net/wiki/SortableTable
http://groups.google.at/groups?hl=de&lr=&[email protected]
s.com
to name a few.

But even if I do a normal (i.e.. web) google search I get
http://pmwcontribd.sourceforge.net/PmwContribD-r2_0_1/Table.py.html
for example.

HTH
Franz GEIGER