Had ruby interview, considering J2ME as well.

surfunbear

I had sent a contractor the following message (below). They are going
to have J2ME training and they say they help with job placement for
J2ME, I might like suggestions on how to determine if I should take
their training as it will not be free, but they haven't told me he cost
yet. Any other comments regarding my job search would be welcome.

I have done some Java programming, and have studied the
Java certification manual. However, I had gotten interested in
Ruby on Rails programming and have been working on a Rails
projecton my laptop. Ruby appeals to me for a number of
reasons. However, it somewhat new and there are less job
opportunities using Ruby. I had an interview for a Ruby on Rails
job last week, and have not heard back and there is a limited
number of related job postings I have found. I am particularly
interested in J2ME because I have found that the J2EE package
is such a huge API and I am not sure if it really appeals to me
or not. Many Ruby programmer advocates have been very
critical of J2EE. I also have the Sun Certified Web Development
Component study guide and found it to be somewhat
cumbersome where there is just allot of infrastructure and
administration involved, and I seem to be more motivated by
focusing more on programming and studying languages and
simpler APIs etc. Thus, I am very interested in studying J2ME.