Had ruby interview, considering J2ME as well.

Discussion in 'Java' started by surfunbear@yahoo.com, Jul 25, 2006.

  1. Guest

    I had sent a contractor the following message (below). They are going
    to have J2ME training and they say they help with job placement for
    J2ME, I might like suggestions on how to determine if I should take
    their training as it will not be free, but they haven't told me he cost
    yet. Any other comments regarding my job search would be welcome.

    I have done some Java programming, and have studied the
    Java certification manual. However, I had gotten interested in
    Ruby on Rails programming and have been working on a Rails
    projecton my laptop. Ruby appeals to me for a number of
    reasons. However, it somewhat new and there are less job
    opportunities using Ruby. I had an interview for a Ruby on Rails
    job last week, and have not heard back and there is a limited
    number of related job postings I have found. I am particularly
    interested in J2ME because I have found that the J2EE package
    is such a huge API and I am not sure if it really appeals to me
    or not. Many Ruby programmer advocates have been very
    critical of J2EE. I also have the Sun Certified Web Development
    Component study guide and found it to be somewhat
    cumbersome where there is just allot of infrastructure and
    administration involved, and I seem to be more motivated by
    focusing more on programming and studying languages and
    simpler APIs etc. Thus, I am very interested in studying J2ME.

    , Jul 25, 2006