Handling multiple forms with single ASP page

Ramachandran

Hi,

I am novice in ASP and am trying to build an online test that records
user input one question at a time. So each question is a form by
itself. I want to make a single ASP file that will validate all the
form results and write it to a database. How can I know which form is
calling the ASP file?

Also, there may be multiple users accessing the quiz at the same time.
Do I have to do anything special for such a case?

Thanks a lot . Please help.

Regards,
Ram

Evertjan.

Ramachandran wrote on 21 aug 2004 in
I am novice in ASP and am trying to build an online test that records
user input one question at a time. So each question is a form by
itself. I want to make a single ASP file that will validate all the
form results and write it to a database. How can I know which form is
calling the ASP file?

You should use only one(!) form if you direct the submit to one page [could
be the same page the form is in]
Also, there may be multiple users accessing the quiz at the same time.
Do I have to do anything special for such a case?

They all should have their own session [if you disallow users that have
their session cookies switched off in their browsers.]

Guest

Hi Evertjan,

Thanks for your response. Does that mean that I don't
have to do anything special if all users have cookies
enabled?

Regards,
Ram

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Evertjan.

Ram wrote on 21 aug 2004 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
Thanks for your response. Does that mean that I don't
have to do anything special if all users have cookies
enabled?

Just code away, Ram.

But do one thing at a time and test the steps seperately.
[modular programming]