handling / resizing images (jgp, gif...) in vcpp 6.0

Bernhard Gsöllpointner

Hello !

Does anyody know how to load and resize jpg or gif files in a cpp 6.0
Project ?
Thanks in advance
(e-mail address removed)

Karl Heinz Buchegger

Bernhard Gsöllpointner said:
Hello !

Does anyody know how to load and resize jpg or gif files in a cpp 6.0
Project ?

open the file
start reading the header information. Usually the header information
contains some members telling you how big the image is going to be.
Allocate memory to hold the image
continue reading and decode the image from the file format to your memory
format
close the file
resize the image in memory
open a new file for writing
write the header
write the image data, encoding the memory image according to the file
format
close the output file

As for how to do:
interpret and write the header
encode and decode the image format
techniques for resizing an image

C++ has no concept for those. But doing a search on google
http://www.google.com
will help.

David White

Peter van Merkerk said:
Speak for yourself, some of us do actually have a life outside
comp.lang.c++...

In my post there was an amount of irony, which is known to not always travel
well through modems, cables and ISPs.

DW