hardware needed to simulate 500 vusers(HTTP) using grinder

HArolD

Hello,

what hardware do I need to simulate 500 HTTP vusers using Grinder ? I'm
asking about load generator machines. Does anyone have any experience
with that ?

Best Regards,
HArold

Malte

HArolD said:
Hello,

what hardware do I need to simulate 500 HTTP vusers using Grinder ? I'm
asking about load generator machines. Does anyone have any experience
with that ?

Best Regards,
HArold

Have a look at apache jmeter

HArolD

Malte said:
Have a look at apache jmeter
Thanks Malte,

I know Apache JMeter, but I was asking about Grinder. Are you suggesting
that Apache JMeter offers me better performance than Grinder ?

Best Regards,
HArold

Malte

HArolD said:
Thanks Malte,

I know Apache JMeter, but I was asking about Grinder. Are you suggesting
that Apache JMeter offers me better performance than Grinder ?

Best Regards,
HArold

Nope, no such thing. I am unfamiliar with Grinder. However, all of our
customers have been happy with the results produced by JMeter.
Obviously, there are several good commercial solutions out there, but
mostly, our customers won't pay the often steep prices.

HArolD

Malte said:
Nope, no such thing. I am unfamiliar with Grinder. However, all of our
customers have been happy with the results produced by JMeter.
Obviously, there are several good commercial solutions out there, but
mostly, our customers won't pay the often steep prices.
Malte,

I must say I know few commercial tools like Rational Robot, Mercury
LoadRunner or Compuware QALoad. They are not bad but they have one big
disadvantage - they cost a lot of money. Now, decision was made that we
will use open-source. So the question to you is:

How many, max number of vusers, did you ever simulate using Apache
JMeter ? and of course what hardware did you need for that ? :)

Best Regards,
HArold