Harvestman install not working

python newbie

Hi, I previously had Harvestman installed and working okay, but somehow the
latest version won't install.

I have Python23 installed.

When I attempt to execute the py2exesetup.bat file (on Windows XP), I get:

E:\zips\internet\utilities\HarvestMan-1.4\HarvestMan-1.4.tar\HarvestMan-1.4\Harv
estMan>rem Batch file for creating py2exe executable for Harvestman
usage: install.py [global_opts] cmd1 [cmd1_opts] [cmd2 [cmd2_opts] ...]
or: install.py --help [cmd1 cmd2 ...]
or: install.py --help-commands
or: install.py cmd --help

error: option --force-imports not recognized
Press any key to continue . . .

Anand

Hi

Latest version of py2exe does not support the option
--force-imports anymore I think. You can edit the .bat file to remove
that option. It should work.

-Anand

python newbie

Thanks Anand, (both for Harvestman and for the reply.)
By the way, I did try that, so that the command is:

c:\python23\python.exe install.py py2exe -O2 --packages=encodings

And this time the dist folder was created, but there were only these files
in there:

library.zip
python23.dll
unicodedata.pyd
w9xpopen.exe
zlib.pyd
_sre.pyd

I'll keep trying though.

python newbie

Thanks Anand, (both for writing Harvest, and for the reply.)
[...]

StvB

[...]

First of all, please disregard the extra posts, Anand, I need to really
really get a new newsreader. It kept on giving me an error, making me think
that each sendbutton click wasnt' working.

My mistake, I use the Harvestman.Py in the main folder, of course.

It works fine.
Thanks again.