Having a form problem with emailing

Dennis M

Hi all, I just bought a Bible-searching site from a developer on eBay. It
uses a mysql file to search the entire Bible, and I have that up and
running fine. However, one of its features allows you to "mail a chapter of
the Bible to a friend" and on my site when you go to a particular Bible
chapter and try to mail it, the chapter isn't inside the value="" tag on
the form, however it is in that tag when you go to the original developer's
Bible site and try to mail a chapter from there. I was wondering what's
gone wrong here, I only had to do some simple modifications to the files
due to the difference in the site names and hopefully it's a pretty easy
fix.

My site is Superbiblesite.info, and the original site is
Ebiblesearcher.com. You can try to email yourself a chapter from both of
those sites and do a view source to see what I'm talking about.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Doug Miller

Hi all, I just bought a Bible-searching site from a developer on eBay. It
uses a mysql file to search the entire Bible, and I have that up and
running fine. However, one of its features allows you to "mail a chapter of
the Bible to a friend" and on my site when you go to a particular Bible
chapter and try to mail it, the chapter isn't inside the value="" tag on
the form,

The problem has nothing at all to do with HTML -- it's in the script you're
using to generate that page.
however it is in that tag when you go to the original developer's
Bible site and try to mail a chapter from there. I was wondering what's
gone wrong here, I only had to do some simple modifications to the files
due to the difference in the site names and hopefully it's a pretty easy
fix.

My site is Superbiblesite.info, and the original site is
Ebiblesearcher.com. You can try to email yourself a chapter from both of
those sites and do a view source to see what I'm talking about.

Thanks in advance for any help!

I hope you didn't pay very much for this site, considering the grammar errors
it contains...

Dennis M

The problem has nothing at all to do with HTML -- it's in the script you're
using to generate that page.

I hope you didn't pay very much for this site, considering the grammar errors
it contains...

Well that was a big help.

dorayme

Well that was a big help.

It was a Sunday example of non-Christian charity. Perhaps an angry
atheist? <g>

Look at your

<form name="form1" method="post" action="biblemail2.php">

and now see what is on your server to handle this. Perhaps go to a php
usenet group for more advice.

Peter

[...]

As Doug and dorayme have stated, this is not an html problem, but a php
and mysql one. Php being the server-side code that is used to generate
the web page. What data it requires to generate the web page will be
stored in the mysql database. What you are going to have to do is look
at the bible.php script to see how that accesses the database in order
to generate the html page and display the chapter. That should give you
a starting point of where to look in the database and how to go about
editing your biblemail.php to add the same info to the value tag of your
mail form.

However, any further discussion of this problem should be taken to
either a php or sql group.

Dennis M

Peter said:
As Doug and dorayme have stated, this is not an html problem, but a php
and mysql one. Php being the server-side code that is used to generate
the web page. What data it requires to generate the web page will be
stored in the mysql database. What you are going to have to do is look
at the bible.php script to see how that accesses the database in order
to generate the html page and display the chapter. That should give you
a starting point of where to look in the database and how to go about
editing your biblemail.php to add the same info to the value tag of your
mail form.

However, any further discussion of this problem should be taken to
either a php or sql group.

Good advice, thank you.