Having problems changing where the virtual directory points to

Rod

We have a .NET application which is installed on one machine (let's call it
server 2), and we point to it using IIS from another machine (our edge
server, which I'll call server 1). So, server 1 has a virtual directory
pointing to server 2 in server 1's IIS.

Well, for various reasons I want to point to a new server, I'll call server
3, to host the .NET application. I have tried changing the Network Directory
in Internet Service Manager on the edge server (server 1) to point to the
new location (on server 3). (I use UNC paths in this location.) However, I
know for certain that, although I have changed it there and even rebooted
server 1 (the edge server which has the virtual directory specified in it to
now point to server 3), it still is pointing to server 2's path. (I know
this because of certain telltale items on various web pages throughout the
..NET application.)

I want to know what I am doing wrong, and how I can make IIS on the server
point to the correct .NET application on the correct server.

Rod

Bernard

Wow... mm... now.. your setup
Initial setup
server1 -> server2
Now, you need to change to
server1 -> server3

You have done that and it's still pointingn to server2.

a) how do you know it's pointing to server2 ?
b) have you check the UNC path ?
c) have you try remove the virtual directory and create
a new one ?
d) have you check server3 file is NOT the same as
server2 ?