Having problems changing where the virtual directory points to

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Rod, Sep 9, 2003.

  1. Rod

    Rod Guest

    We have a .NET application which is installed on one machine (let's call it
    server 2), and we point to it using IIS from another machine (our edge
    server, which I'll call server 1). So, server 1 has a virtual directory
    pointing to server 2 in server 1's IIS.

    Well, for various reasons I want to point to a new server, I'll call server
    3, to host the .NET application. I have tried changing the Network Directory
    in Internet Service Manager on the edge server (server 1) to point to the
    new location (on server 3). (I use UNC paths in this location.) However, I
    know for certain that, although I have changed it there and even rebooted
    server 1 (the edge server which has the virtual directory specified in it to
    now point to server 3), it still is pointing to server 2's path. (I know
    this because of certain telltale items on various web pages throughout the
    ..NET application.)

    I want to know what I am doing wrong, and how I can make IIS on the server
    point to the correct .NET application on the correct server.

    Rod
    Rod, Sep 9, 2003

  2. Rod

    Bernard Guest

    Wow... mm... now.. your setup
    Initial setup
    server1 -> server2
    Now, you need to change to
    server1 -> server3

    You have done that and it's still pointingn to server2.

    a) how do you know it's pointing to server2 ?
    b) have you check the UNC path ?
    c) have you try remove the virtual directory and create
    a new one ?
    d) have you check server3 file is NOT the same as
    server2 ?

    --
    Regards,
    Bernard Cheah