healthMonitoring document

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Q. John Chen, Nov 2, 2006.

  1. Q. John Chen

    Q. John Chen Guest

    I am configure the healthMonitoring so all the errors are redirected as
    an email instead of EventLog.

    It is pretty simply to get it working. Great new feature for simple
    error handling - no need to write any error handling code.

    The only catch is that the document
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/zaa41kz1.aspx
    is not correct for <provider> (of SimpleMailWebEventProvider Provider):
    1. "from" is optional and will inherit from SMTP mail configuration
    section. But it complains from missing when I removed it (because I
    already have it in the mail setting).
    2. "priority" - I tried to set to high priority but I got
    "ConfigurationErrorsException: The attribute 'priority' is unexpected
    in ..."
    3. "smtpAddresses" - it says Required but I am fine without it.

    All the about are actually no big deal for me. I am more concern all
    the defaul value state in document. Can I trust it?

    Thanks

    John

    Q. John Chen, Nov 2, 2006