hel with win32::ole

Jayme Assuncao Casimiro

First)
Im trying to read a xls archive using perl. But it is protected with a
password. So,
everytime that i try to open the xls archive a box appears to prompt the
password. Is there a way to automate this process.

Second)
The plan that I'm trying to read is set as Invisible. It is a csv plan.

I have never used win32::eek:le module before. So, i'm a little bit confused.

Thanks
| Jayme Assuncao Casimiro |
| Graduado em Ciência da Computação |
| Mestre em Ciência da Computação |
| Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais - UFMG |

A. Sinan Unur

First)
Im trying to read a xls archive using perl. But it is protected with a
password. So, everytime that i try to open the xls archive a box
appears to prompt the password. Is there a way to automate this
process.

Have you read the docs for Win32::OLE? Have you looked at the VBA
documentation? Have you searched the archives for this newsgroup? I
answered several Win32::OLE questions recently, a cursory search should
have found them.

What have you tried so far? Are you asking someone to write code for
you?

To get the most out of your participation in this group, you should read
the posting guidelines, and follow them when posting. A major
recommendation in the guidelines is to post code that others can run.
Second)
The plan that I'm trying to read is set as Invisible. It is a csv
plan.

Are you trying to work with a plain CSV file? If so, how is anything set
to invisible? You can use Text::CSV_XS to work with CSV files.
I have never used win32::eek:le

Win32::OLE, case matters.
So, i'm a little bit confused.

Then, the best way to learn is not to ask others to write your code, but
to follow the documentation to write a simple program to start Excel,
and then open a document.

In Excel, go to Tools -> Macros -> Visual Basic Editor. In the editor,
using the Object Browser (F2), you can look up the methods you can use.

For example:

Function Open(Filename As String, [UpdateLinks], [ReadOnly], [Format],
[Password], [WriteResPassword], [IgnoreReadOnlyRecommended], [Origin],
[Delimiter], [Editable], [Notify], [Converter], [AddToMru], [Local],
[CorruptLoad]) As Workbook
Member of Excel.Workbooks

See also:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.perl.misc/msg/cddb05950f619e22
| Jayme Assuncao Casimiro |
| Graduado em Ciência da Computação |
| Mestre em Ciência da Computação |
| Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais - UFMG |

Please use a proper sig separator: dash-dash-space on a line by itself
before your signature.

Sinan