    can download somewhere? It would save me a lot of time trying to
    figure out where all these missing files are supposed to come from...

    , Apr 11, 2007

  2. a écrit :
    > The installation of Python 2.5 comes with a bunch of built-in
    > extension modules (.pyd files) under the DLLs directory. I've
    > downloaded the Python source code and am trying to build the debug
    > versions of all of these files. However, some of the projects won't
    > build because they are looking for header files that don't exist
    > anywhere. Specifically, the non-building projects are:
    >
    > _bsddb
    > _sqlite3
    > _ssl
    > _tkinter
    > bz2
    >
    > Additionally, the project for the _hashlib module seems to be entirely
    > missing from the Python source. Any idea where I can find it?
    >
    > Is there a set of pre-built debug versions of all of these modules I
    > can download somewhere? It would save me a lot of time trying to
    > figure out where all these missing files are supposed to come from...

    You should read the file PCBuild/readme.txt.
    It explains how to build python from source, and has long explanations
    about the same list of modules you are asking for.

    And it works: I regularly use the debug build of python for my own projects.

    --
    Amaury Forgeot d'Arc

    Amaury Forgeot d'Arc, Apr 11, 2007

  3. > You should read the file PCBuild/readme.txt.
    > It explains how to build python from source, and has long explanations
    > about the same list of modules you are asking for.
    >
    > And it works: I regularly use the debug build of python for my own
    > projects.

    Also, as of Python 2.5, you don't have to hunt around anymore for all
    these add-on libraries: they are all checked into the Python subversion
    repository (of course, earlier releases would give precise URLs, too,
    except that the hosting sites would sometimes break these URLs).

    Regards,
    Martin

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Martin_v=2E_L=F6wis=22?=, Apr 11, 2007