Help choosing license for new projects

Discussion in 'Python' started by Jake b, Jul 12, 2010.

  1. Jake b

    Jake b Guest

    I'm starting a new python code project. What license do you suggest? I
    am searching, but I'm not finding a simple comparison of licenses. So
    I don't know which to use. Maybe MIT or Apache or LGPL or BSD?

    Are there certain licenses to avoid using because of interaction
    problems between libraries using GPL2 / GPL3 / MIT / LGPL. / BSD with
    my own?

    I want:
    1] Pretty much let anyone use it. Users do not have to include source
    code, as long as I get credit. (which I think normallly is a textfile
    with project url + name?)

    2] (if it matters) I will be using different combinations of pyglet,
    pygame, wxPython, etc.

    3] I want the option to use my own code in something commercial at a later date.

    Does #3 complicate things, or is fine when including author info?

    The choices for google code projects are:
    Apache License 2.0
    Eclipse license 1.0
    GPLv2
    GPLv3