HELP!! Classic ASP and .net web service - service restarted often!

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Celia Leung via .NET 247, Apr 26, 2004.

  1. PLEASE HELP!!

    I'm converting a VB6 DLL (exposed by SOAP toolkit) to a .net webservice in VB.net. This .net web service is consumed by aclassic ASP application from both the server and client sideusing SOAP. I cannot change how this client is calling the webmethods.

    My problem is that after about 15-20 method calls to the webservice, the web service loses all its variables (publicvariables in friend modules)! It seems like the application isrestarted and all its states and variables are lost. It is veryreproducible (die every time at that position, except firstafter machine reboot) but it isn't # method called or timespent, so I guess it may be amount of data transmitted. Ichecked its memory usage but it's only ~40000KB, so it shouldn'tbe a problem.

    I have tried several methods to save the states:

    - Session variable - since I have server side call from ClassicASP, session.sessionID is different everytime. I can't save it.

    - Cookieless Session variables - Unable to reach the webservice.

    - Application variables - they are lost when my public variablesin my friend modules are lost.

    However, the core of my problem is why my .net web servicerestarts so often???? Any idea how to prevent this?

    Thanks in advance for any help!

    <Id>0RzYQOdB3kyL6r/slT5zgw==</Id>

    Celia Leung via .NET 247, Apr 26, 2004