Help fixing center for Firefox!!!

JSOUL

If there is one thing making me crazy it's the inability to have
simple things appear the same in IE and Firefox. I got a template that
is from http://www.thelaw.com but you can see there that in IE the ad
banner is centered perfectly but in Firefox it's not right. Hoping
someone can give me a pointer as to modify the HTML so that this
centers perfectly in FF without it moving in IE. Thank you for your
help!

Jonathan N. Little

JSOUL said:
If there is one thing making me crazy it's the inability to have
simple things appear the same in IE and Firefox. I got a template that
is from http://www.thelaw.com but you can see there that in IE the ad
banner is centered perfectly but in Firefox it's not right. Hoping
someone can give me a pointer as to modify the HTML so that this
centers perfectly in FF without it moving in IE. Thank you for your
help!

First fix the errors, then you can fiddle with the style...

http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http://www.thelaw.com/
Result for http://www.thelaw.com/ - W3C Markup Validator

Oh, it looks the same to me on all three IE6.01, Moz1.7.12, FF1.5.0.1 ad
is centered with respect to browser window no containing DIV so position
drifts as you change window size...

Richard Sexton

I've never had a problem making anything look the same in all (graphical)
browsers. (Lynx is another matter :).

Now, I'm not saynig this ia a quick and/or easy process! But take heart,
have patience and you can do it. (modulo some truly arcane things that
you might not indeed be able to, but there are usually workarounds).

I used to send differrnt code to different browsers, but that way there
be dragons and I simply put more time into the html and get it work.

Jonathan N. Little

Richard said:
I've never had a problem making anything look the same in all (graphical)
browsers. (Lynx is another matter :).

Now, I'm not saynig this ia a quick and/or easy process! But take heart,
have patience and you can do it. (modulo some truly arcane things that
you might not indeed be able to, but there are usually workarounds).

I used to send differrnt code to different browsers, but that way there
be dragons and I simply put more time into the html and get it work.

All may be true, but what is immediately ailing is his markup has
numerous errors. The surest way to insure rendering anomalies is to have
invalid markup.