Help, Generate XML with special chinese character (JDOM) failure

Discussion in 'Java' started by KFC, Nov 30, 2004.

  1. KFC

    KFC Guest

    Dear all,

    Do you have experience on handling special chinese (Hong Kong)
    character with JDOM?
    I use JDOM to build the XML file with these chinese character, and
    then try to check the well-formedness with JDOM. .. Strange!! it is
    invalid.

    XML file produced by JDOM 1.0 fails the checking by JDOM.

    xml file contains this "錦&#xfffd"

    According to http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#charsets, XML char disallow
    undefined UNICODE character.

    Do you guys have any idea how to solve the problem?

    Thank you very much!

    Regards,
    KFC
    KFC, Nov 30, 2004

  2. KFC

    Guest

    sorry all,
    nothing wrong with JDOM.
    I guess there is something wrong with my FTP client.

    unzip and download with problem
    download and unzip with no problem.

    thanks for your time!
    , Dec 12, 2004